Wednesday 29 August 2012

Tokyo Trip Two: Day Trip Round-up

I am feeling very ineloquent at the moment, and have been putting off blogging because of it. I think it's partly because when I'm posting things about big tourist spots I don't really know that much about, there are so many informative things out there in English, with much lovelier photos too. But, since this blog is mostly an online diary for myself, so I'm going to post a selection of photos from our 2 day trips around Tokyo anyway, mostly just to get them out of my hair! 


The wateryness of this photo sums up our morning really!

I love Japanese graveyards, and this one, at a small temple in Kamakura was peacefully nestled in the forest.

Despite the grey sky, Kamakura beach was still full of people, mostly getting drunk (is England the only country in the world where a trip to the beach doesn't necessarily mean lots of alcohol?!)

This smoking spot on the beach made both John and I laugh a lot.

Irreverently making friends with The Great Buddha

Hiking from the Great Buddha, back to Kita-Kamakura station

View of Kamakura from the hike

Gorgeous view of Mount Fuji from halfway along the hike

Teenage girls with insane amounts of Duffy and Shellie May teddies (including a pushchair to carry them around)...we can only be in one place...


Volcano, Arabian Castle, Gondolier and Pirate Ship all in one shot...yup, that must be Disney! 

Riding a Camel in the Arabian section

Taking Sinbad's voyage

Aladdin is my favourite Disney film (well, after Mary Poppins, but she doesn't appear at any Disney resorts!), so I was happy to come across Jasmine's castle! 

No smoking fish on Flounder's rollercoaster

If you can't beat them, join them! We took our Disney toys too...

...and John's Mum and Dad bought some teddies for themselves! A very fun (and hot and crowded and surreal) day was had by all! 

Bye Disney, and bye Tokyo! 

4 comments:

  1. That Kamakura hike is great, isn't it? Hats off to you for doing it in the summer heat!

    My favourite photo in this post is that smoking spot. Oh, Japan ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely walk, we thoroughly enjoyed it. It wasn't actually that hot that afternoon, after all the rain of the morning, so it was quite pleasant!

      We laughed at that a lot too. Although, the photo would be infinitely better if there was just one sorry salaryman stood in it, smoking dolefully!

      Delete
  2. I've seen Mary Poppins in parades in Paris!!! You all look so cute with your teddies!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha me too, but I don't think she's made it to Japan!

      Thanks :)

      Delete