Tuesday 3 January 2012

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a lovely New Year and a great start to 2012!

We spent New Year, like most 20-somethings do all over the world, by getting very drunk and dancing! There was lots of alcohol, lots of crazy drunk Japanese people wanting to dance with us, and it was a lot of fun! The hangover the next day wasn't as fun, and unfortunately unlike most New Years I didn't have the winning combination of pancakes, walk, chilli to cure it! Instead, I spent the 1st January being very lazy!

Our New Year got more traditional once we'd slept off the hangovers, and on the 2nd January (our last day in Sapporo :( ) We visited the Hokkaido-jingo Buddhist shrine in Maruyama park again. It's traditional in Japan to visit the shrine in the first few days of the New Year, for luck for the year, and to get a new fortune (as they all run out at the end of the year!). My fortune is good, and, while I think it's all rubbish really, it's nice to be told I'm going to have a very lucky year! 
It was still really busy! 

New Year's decorations

This was so pretty!

A lovely start to the year, and a lovely end to our holiday in Sapporo!

No comments:

Post a Comment