Sunday 6 January 2013

Last few weeks in Sendai

I'm safely snuggled back at home, with central heating, brown bread, language I can understand, parents to look after me and cheese. I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New Year. I certainly did; it was lovely to relax with friends and family. Now the busy laziness of Christmas is over, I'm hoping to catch up with myself. The next few months are a mixture of Social Work interviews, learning to sew, baking, catching up with friends, learning to drive, eating far more than is good for me and hopefully getting back into my blogging swing. 

For the time being, here are a few photos from my last few weeks in Japan

My origami Christmas cards

John desperately wanted this, but wasn't sure he'd get away with wearing it in England! 

One of my favourite students made this in our last lesson!

Only in Japan would businessmen sit and play this game while drinking at a bar.

Warning: Evil snowmen have set traps to trip you up

John and Eric get involved with kareoke at our leaving party!

The girls were obviously much more tuneful though!

Snows over Rikuzen Ochiai

Cross-stitch made to say thank you to my Japanese tutor. I was very impressed that I managed to embroider readable kanji and hiragana!

A sweet snowman decoration in Sendai





5 comments:

  1. Brown bread. Cheese. AAARGH!

    All the best with your new old (old new?) life, Susie! Have a bite of extra cheese on my behalf every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a good time :)

    By the way, I have my own blog which focuses on Asian culture and entertainment such as video games and I wonder if it is possible for you to view it and tell me what you think and how to improve my blog in the “About the Writer” page please: http://nynyonlinex.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 months on and no blog about life in England!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos filled with joy!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete