Saturday 11 August 2012

My Week: Birthday Times!

John's parents are coming to Japan tomorrow, and we're off to Tokyo with them for a week. I'm really looking forward to showing them Japan, exploring Tokyo more myself, having a well(ish) earned break from work and eating the British goodies they're under strict instructions to bring! 

I promise to post more about Sendai tanabata when I get back, but for the time being, here are a few non-tananbata photos from the last week.

I have no idea why he's dressed like an aubergine, but it made my day! 

Watermelon birthday treat

Birthday cake!! Thanks Shoko! 

Mother's meeting outside my apartment at 6:30am. I was NOT happy.

Presents *(^_^)*

An elephant selling t-shirts to raise money for the tsunami affected areas

Birthday lunch at Shoko's house. Yum yum! 

I hope everyone has a good Obon!


6 comments:

  1. Enjoy the week in Tokyo. :)

    Why are those mommies up so early????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was fun! Photos soon!

      I have no idea. There were road works too, but no power was damaged. I think they were just seeing what was going on. But they were so loud. I don't like early mornings!

      Delete
  2. I need to get myself over to where they sell those costume and get myself one too... I have great plans for them. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Welcome to Tokyo and have a great time in The Big Mikan! ^^

    PS: What Lina said: What on earth where the mothers doing in the street so early?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We had a great time, and even braved Disney, because we are mad!

      See above...no idea!

      Delete