Wednesday 16 May 2012

Changing Scenery

I'm rudely interrupting my Taiwan posts to show you just how green everything has become. I may not still love living in the middle of nowhere, but it's certainly a lot easier to feel happy here now it's the springtime! These photos were all taken just down the road from my house. My apartment would be in the middle of the photo if I knocked down a few houses!

Grey (Nov 2011)

White

Green. 
Taken today, no colour enhancement.

January

Rice is planted, trees are green!

They'll be more posts like this one! I love the springtime!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures!! I miss the rice fields!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love them, but I don't love the noisy, suicidal frogs that live in them and keep trying to get run over by my bike wheel!

      Delete
  2. There's no green like spring green. Rice-planting time - when the whole earth is flooded in water - is one of the best times in Japan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring green is awesome, but I love rice field green the best. I'll have to wait a couple of months for that!

      Delete
  3. Much better to start gloomy and get greener - just run away before it gets grey (or white) again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! I'm definitely not planning to do another winter in this apartment. Brrrrrr.

      Delete